When you are a crafter, crocheter or knitter you fall in love with yarn easily – but keeping all those yarn balls organized can be a challenge. Keeping an organized stash will help you know what you have, find what you need, and make projects you love.
Here are some of my favorite storage ideas to keep your yarn collection as neat and tidy as a yarn shop display.
1. Turn a plastic cup from the dollar store into a yarn container
(via Sew Licious Home Decor)
2. Pegboard yarn organizer
Make an artful and functional organizer to keep all your yarn in check by using some pegboard and hooks. (Tutorial via Dwell Beautiful)
3. Make shelf dividers out of corrugated plastic
(Tutorial via All About Ami)
4. Turn wooden wine rack into yarn storage
(Tutorial via Repeat Crafter Me)
5. Store your yarn in an oversized wire basket
It makes it easy to find that elusive ball you were looking for! (via Caught on a Whim)
6. Use a vintage suitcase for storing yarn
(via Craft & Creativity)
7. Fabric covered storage box
Create a yarn storage bin with paint, fabric and Mod Podge. (Tutorial via Mod Podge Rocks)
8. Attach plastic cubes to the wall for yarn storage
What a great use of vertical space! (via LuckyHanks)
9. Turn coffee cans into clever storage
It looks beautiful and you can decorate the outside of the cans however you want. (Tutorial via Leethal)
10. Use a small accordion wine rack to hold a few skeins of yarn on the wall
11. Use cardboard magazine holders to organize and store yarn
12. Shoe organizers work great as yarn organizers too!
(via Everyday Originals)